Currently we have 3 specific uses of your data.
By signing up to FaceChex, you acknowledge and consent to give use of your personal data as that is one of the primary functions of FaceChex.
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful information and services. Several of the services and features that we offer on our websites require you to provide us with information as a condition of usage. These include access to subscription-only areas, the ability to post opinions or other content, participation in general.
We collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number and credit card information when you provide it to us. From time to time, when you provide it to us, we may also collect other sensitive information such as your job title, gender, username and password, finger printing of your audio, video and image files, as well as vector points and other image recognition data. We may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you provided to us.
Once you register with the FaceChex website you are no longer anonymous to us.
Privacy and Data Protection Agreement This Privacy and Data Protection Agreement ("Agreement") amends (for valid consideration which is hereby acknowledged as duly received) the agreement entered into between the Partner and the FaceChex entity ("FaceChex") for protection and or usage of personal data and content to Users ("Agreement"). This Agreement shall be become effective as of the date both User and FaceChex engage in business through exchange of information. FaceChex provision of the Service to Partner entails the transmission and processing of data retrieved, sent and received by and from its customers (including Partner) and their Users, clients and other third parties. Such data may constitute Personal Information (as defined below).
Therefore, the parties agree to comply with the following provisions:
2. Roles. User and FaceChex each agree and acknowledge that where a party Processes Personal Information under or in connection with the Agreement it alone determines the purposes and means of such Processing as a data controller (as defined under applicable Data Protection Laws).
3. Compliance with Laws. Each party confirms that it has complied, and will continue to comply with its obligations relating to Personal Information that apply to it under applicable Data Protection Laws.
6. Limitation of Access. Each party will limit access to Personal Information to those personnel who require such access only as necessary to fulfill such party's obligation under the Agreement.
7. Information Security. Each party will maintain appropriate administrative, physical, organizational and technical safeguards aimed at maintaining an appropriate level of security, confidentiality and integrity of the Personal Information, in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws, and official guidelines as provided by the competent authorities and good industry practice. Each party undertakes monitor compliance with these safeguards and will not materially decrease the overall security controls during the terms of the Agreement.
8. Assistance. Partner will provide FaceChex with all necessary assistance, in connection with communications from, or requests made by Data Subjects in relation to their rights under Data Protection Laws, and supervisory authorities, in each case as they relate to User Personal Information.
9. Audit. Partner will make available all information necessary, including records of consents referred to in clause 4 above, to demonstrate Partner´s compliance with this Agreement and will permit and contribute to any data audits reasonably required by FaceChex upon FaceChex prior written request and advanced notice.
10. Compliance. Each party is responsible to make sure that all relevant personnel of such party adhere to this Agreement.
11. Miscellaneous. Any alteration or modification of this Agreement is not valid unless made in writing and executed by duly authorized personnel of both parties. Invalidation of one or more of the provisions under Agreement will not affect the remaining provisions. Invalid provisions. Invalid provisions will be replaced to the extent possible by those valid provisions which achieve essentially the same objective. Partner acknowledge that FaceChex and/or its Affiliates may disclose this Agreement and any relevant privacy provisions in the Agreement to any supervisory authority, regulator or other competent authority, to the extent required under the applicable law. Such disclosure will not constitute a breach of FaceChex confidentiality obligation under the Agreement.
“Data controller” and “data processor” are important concepts in understanding a company's responsibilities under the GDPR. Depending on the scenario, a company may be a data controller, data processor or and can have specific responsibilities:
A company is a data controller when it has the responsibility of deciding why and how (the 'purposes' and 'means') the personal data is processed.
A company is a data processor when it processes personal data on behalf of a data controller. Under the GDPR, data processors have obligations to process data safely and legally.
While FaceChex is a data controller, it may have some instances where we act and or operate as a data processor.
Examples where FaceChex acts as data processor:
1. Data analytics
FaceChex processes data on an user’s behalf in order to report data that other 3rd parties keep on them as a service.
2. Collaboration by FaceChex
Collaboration allows people to find like matches to match their personal type of personal connection through facial recognition. We process personal data in order to provide this service.
As you use the Facechex web site and applications, we collect information such as your search and browsing history ("usage information"). Your browser supplies various information, including cookies and an IP address. Cookies may include third party cookies, such as Google Analytics cookies (used to gather statistics about the use of the web site and applications) and advertiser cookies (used to improve the relevance of information or offers displayed on the web site and in the applications), as well as Facechex cookies. Your device and browser should provide means to block cookies. However, if you block cookies, the web site and applications may not function correctly.
Unique Device IDs and Location Information
When you use the Facechex applications, your mobile device supplies a unique identifier, which we use to associate search results, your bookmarks, and other information with your device. We improve the relevance of information provided in the applications using location information provided by your device, which you can choose to turn off. If your browser supplies location information (as determined by your browser settings), we may use that information to improve the relevance of information provided by the web site and applications. Content provided by advertisers and other third parties may be personalized in a similar manner.
Information We Collect When You Register with Us
If you register with Facechex, we collect your name, email address, zip code, gender and year of birth. The information you supply about yourself may be used by Facechex to communicate with you and to provide better service to you. If you connect a Facechex application to your social networks (or other third party services or applications), we collect your public profile information (such as your name, gender, age, locale, e-mail address and profile picture). If you give Facechex permission to access any other profile information, Facechex may also store and use that information to communicate with you, to update your status on your networks, to send messages on your behalf to your networks, and to provide other features and services to you.
Information Sharing with Third Parties
Facechex will not share your name, email address, or other personally identifying information with other companies, except as needed for Facechex to supply its services or communicate with you. We may share de-identified or other non-identifying information with our vendors, suppliers, advertisers, analytics companies and others to improve our service and the relevance of the content provided by those third parties.
Exceptions. Facechex may disclose your information:
in response to legal process, or as otherwise required to comply with the law;
to protect the rights or property of Facechex or our customers;
when Facechex has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of any person; or
to a successor in interest to Facechex, the Facechex web site, applications, or related business assets.
We're Sorry, but Facechex is NOT for Kids 13 and Under
Unfortunately, our website and apps are not for kids 13 and under. Consistent with the federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to Facechex through the web site or applications represents that they are 13 years of age or older. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at privacy@Facechex.com. Facechex will shut down accounts if it determines that they have been opened in violation of this policy and will delete personally-identifying information from such accounts within a reasonable period of time.
Links to Third Party Websites
This Privacy Statement does not apply to links you follow from the Facechex web site and applications to other sites, services, applications, or online stores. For example, if you use the Sharing features to send a tweet or to post on a social network, the information you send will be visible to others. To understand how other sites, services, applications, and online stores handle your information, please refer to their respective privacy policies. Your usage of Facechex.com is governed by a different Privacy Statement.
Changes to this Policy
Facechex may revise this policy at any time, and the changed policy will be made available on our website before the effective date of the updated policy. If the changes are material, we will provide you additional, prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances. By using our web site or applications, you signify your acceptance of the revised policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy so you know how we are protecting your information.
The Facechex web site, applications, and related services are operated from the United States of America. If you reside outside the U.S. your information will be transferred to the U.S. and processed and stored there. By using our web site or applications, you consent to the application of U.S. law to your information and to the practices described in this privacy statement and as the statement may be amended by us over time.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please email us at privacy@Facechex.com.
Last Update: 05/25/2018